When I first started this journey in March of last year, my only goal was to lose weight. I was at my heaviest ever, and I hated the way I felt and looked. I looked and felt overweight. I just could not handle it. The worst part was dealing with the pain from a car accident and a couple of months prior.
I hired a personal trainer to get me back on track. It was hard, but I was determined. When I wanted to give up, or not show up for a session, I thought of what I wanted to accomplish, plus the amount of money I had paid. It was enough to get me off my ass.
Fast forward 10 months, my goals have changed a bit (a lot :-)). Well, I still would like to shed a few more pounds (about 10 more), but my focus is not so much the weight loss anymore. I’ve discovered so many things that I can do with my body, and so many more things I have yet been able to do.
- Strength ——>>>> I lack strength and I would love to build lots of it. I now have a new trainer that I love very much (my other half). He pushes me past my limits. Although I hate him during our sessions, I’m grateful for all that he is teaching me. Lol
- Endurance and speed when it comes to running——->>>> As most of you might know if you’ve been reading my post, I love running. Once I decided to take it serious, it became my favorite physical activity. My problem is, not being able to make as much progress as I think I should (or maybe I’m being too hard on myself). I think though, once I build strength, my endurance and speed will also get better.
- Compete 5ks and 10ks——->>>> I plan on signing up for at least 3 5ks this year and train to run 10ks.
- Yoga—–>>>> I think it’s a beautiful art, and want to start practicing. I did a few home sessions last year, but would like to take it more serious in 2016
- Lose 10 more pounds——->>>> As you can see, the weight loss made it to the very bottom of the list. My priorities have changed. As long as I look and feel good and I’m not obese, I plan on being happy.
That’s all for my fitness goals for this year. What about you, do you have any fitness goals for 2016? What are some of your fitness goals for this year? Share with me, we can help each other accomplish our goals virtually. Good luck!!!