Goodbye August and hello September 🙂 Happy I was able to increase mileage this month after being gone for some time. But in the process of increasing my mileage, I believe I also managed to overdo it. Although my body is in pain, I am totally laughing at myself while I’m typing this (Lmao).
Every day this week I’ve told myself that tomorrow will be the day that I will get back on my feet; but every morning I wake up unable to hit the road.
I ran until I ran out of fuel this month. I am completely burnt out. I guess the body wants what it wants, and you have to listen when it talks.
Funny thing I have a fun 5k run this Saturday that I totally forgot about (shame on me).
At the end of the day, although I wasn’t able to finish the month strong as I was hoping to, I am still happy with what I was able to accomplish this overall.
Check it out below ⇓
- I’ve managed to to run a total 51 miles (the most ever to my recollection).
- I can now manage to do 6 miles run (not without trouble, but still 3 miles over my usual).
- I’ve incorporated speed work into my runs (something I’ve always wanted to do).
- I’ve also decreased my average pace for the month by a few seconds (nothing big, but still progress).
- I also succeeded at convincing one of my dearest friends to come run with me this month. She is slowing enjoying running now (yes it is an accomplishment for me lol).
So here you have it ladies and gents, I am burn out, not sure I’ll be able to make my 5k this Saturday, but overall I am happy with what I was able to accomplish this month.
What about you, how was your running month? Anything worth sharing? Don’t forget to use the comment box below ⇓ to share.
In the meantime
Stay Healthy & Keep Running