I know yesterday was Global Running Day, but unlike most, I did not run. Wednesday is usually a rest day for me, and my body wasn’t feeling running 3 days in a row. Even my run this morning was terrible. Seems like the sun beat me to it, although I left half and hour earlier than usual. I’m thinking I might have to start waking up at 6 now for my runs.
Anyways, I managed to make a friend on my run this morning. I’ve seen her a couple of times this week with her husband. Today we actually chatted a bit. Found out she recently moved back from ATL and drives a good distance each morning to come run by the beach etc… We exchanged numbers. We talked about linking up to run together one of these days. New running buddy alert (yay me)
Ok, enough of that… It is that time we go over what happened in my fitness world this past month once again. Where did May go??? It feels like just yesterday I was doing my recap for the month of April, now we are already in June recapping May.
Well without further ado, let’s jump right into it, shall we???
- I stuck to my running schedule 4x a week. I had one bad week where I couldn’t run due to not feeling well, but overall I did good.
- I met my goal of running 2 miles nonstop and even went further.
- I like to call May the month of the Firsts. I had my first nonstop 30 minutes run, first nonstop 5k run, first nonstop 4 miles run without stopping.
- I failed at my weight training, barely made it to the gym. I am redeeming myself now.
- I did not make my goal of running 60 miles. I ran 44 miles versus the previous 40 miles.
- I messed up on my diet as well.
- I only went biking once, but have been practicing yoga at least twice a week.
Overall I think May was a pretty good month although I did not meet all of my goals. As far as the goals for June, they are somewhat similar to May but with a few twists.
- I’m setting up my total mileage for June to 50. I think this is more attainable goal than 60 miles.
- Incorporate speed work into my run routine. I need to get faster.
- 4 days of weight training. I figured if I take 1 and half hour break from work, I can make it happen.
- Keep up with my yoga classes.
- Run 5 miles nonstop.
I really got to experience the results of perseverance and metal strength in May. I’m planning to push myself further this month and get better results.
What about you, how did you do? I hope you had a great run month and were able to meet all your goals. Do you usually set fitness goals? If so, do you share them to help keep you accountable? What are some of your fitness goals for the month of June? Don’t forget to share below↓
In the meantime
Stay Healthy and Keep Running Friends ♥